|Questions? 800.667.7745; Voice Mail: 925-391-0363|
Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Austin, M. A., Riniolo, T. C., and Porges, S. W. (2007). Borderline Personality Disorder and Emotion Regulation: Insights from the Polyvagal Theory. Brain Cogn. 65(1). p. 69-76.
Bateman, Anthony; Fonagy, Peter; Randomized Controlled Trial of Outpatient Mentalization-Based Treatment Versus Structured Clinical Management for Borderline Personality Disorder; American Journal of Psychiatry, December 2009, Vol 166 Issue 12m p1355
- Bennett-Goleman, Tara PhD, Emotional Alchemy: How the Mind Can Heal the
Heart, Harmony Books: New York, 2001.
- Dubenetzky, Salome. Differential Diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders. Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health. Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p40-46. 7p. 2 Color Photographs, 3 Illustrations.
- Fall PhD, Kevin and Stephen Craig, "Borderline Personality in Adolescence: An Overview for Counselors", Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Oct 98, Vol 20 Issue 4, p315, 17p
- Farrell, Joan M.; Shaw, Ida A.; Webber, Michael A.; A schema-focused approach to group psychotherapy for outpatients with borderline personality disorder: A randomized controlled trial; Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry, June 2009, Vol 40 Issue 2, p317
- Fassbinder E, Schuetze M, Kranich A,
Sipos V, Hohagen F, Shaw I, Farrell J,
Arntz A, and Schweiger U. (2016).
Feasibility ofGroup Schema Therapy
for Outpatients with Severe Borderline
Personality Disorder in Germany: A
Pilot Study with Three Year Follow-Up.
Front. Psychol. 7:1851. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01851
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Hartocollis, Peter PhD, Borderline
Personality Disorders: The Concept, the Syndrome, the Patient, International Universities
Press: New York. 1997.
- Hoff, Bert PhD, Borderline Personality
Disorder and Abusive Relationships, Mason Press: Newark, 1999.
- J Pers Disord. Author manuscript from National Institute of Health- NIH Public Access. Reasons for Self-mutilation Reported by Borderline Patients over 16 Years of Prospective Follow-up. PMC 2014 December 01, page 1-12.
Kernberg, Otto PhD, Borderline Conditions and Pathological Narcissism, Aronson
Inc.: London, 1998.
- Kernberg, Otto F.; Yeomans, Frank E. Borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, depression, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder: Practical differential diagnosis. Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic. Mar2013, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p1-22. 22p. DOI: 10.1521/bumc.2013.77.1.1.
- Koerner, Naomi; Antony, Martin; Young, Lisa; McCabe, Randi. Changes in Beliefs about the Social Competence of Self and Others Following Group Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p256-265. 10p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10608-012-9472-5.
- Kolk, Bessel; Najavits, Lisa M. Interview: What is PTSD Really? Surprises, Twists of History, and the Politics of Diagnosis and Treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p516-522. 7p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21992.
- Landes, Sara J. The Case: Treating Jared Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p488-489. 2p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21984.
- McKay, Matthew MA, Rogers, Peter &
Judith McKay, How to Change Painful Feelings Into Positive Action When Anger Hurts,
MJF Books: New York, 2003.
- Nagata, Toshihiko; Yamada, Hisashi; Teo, Alan R.; Yoshimura, Chiho. Using the mood disorder questionnaire and bipolar spectrum diagnostic scale to detect bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder among eating disorder patients. BMC Psychiatry. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-8. 8p. 2 Charts, 5 Graphs. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-13-69.
- National Institute of Mental Health. Borderline Personality Disorder. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Olabi, B. and Hall, J. (2010). Borderline personality disorder: current drug treatments and future prospects. Therapeutic Advances in Chronic Disease, 1(2). p. 59-66. doi: 10.1177/
- Osborn, Ian PhD, Thoughts and
Secret Rituals: The Hidden Epidemic of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Pantheon
Books: New York. 2000.
- Robinson, Paul; Barrett, Barbara; Bateman, Anthony; Hakeem, Az; Hellier, Jennifer; Lemonsky, Fenella; Rutterford, Clare; Schmidt, Ulrike; Fonagy, Peter. Study Protocol for a randomized controlled trial of mentalization based therapy against specialist supportive clinical management in patients with both eating disorders and symptoms of borderline personality disorder. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-21. 21p. 1 Diagram. DOI: 10.1186/1471-244X-14-51.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. An Introduction to Co‑Occurring Borderline Personality Disorder and Substance Use Disorders. In Brief, (2014) Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 1-3.
- Swift, Elizabeth; The efficacy of treatments for borderline personality disorder; Mental Health Practice, December 2009, Vol 13 Issue 4, p30
- Trepanier, Lyane; Perry, John Christopher; Koerner, Annett; Stamoulos, Constantina; Sheptycki, Amanda; Drapeau, Martin. A study of the similarity between three models of interpersonal functioning of patients with borderline personality disorder. Submitted as a brief research report. Archives of Psychiatry & Psychotherapy. Mar2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p55-60. 6p. 1 Chart.
- Valentiner, David P.; Hiraoka, Regina; Skowronski, John J. Borderline Personality Disorder Features, Self-Verification, and Committed Relationships. Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology. May2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p463-480. 18p. 1 Chart, 1 Graph. DOI: 10.1521/jscp.2014.33.5.463.
- Varley, MD., Christopher K. Overview of DSM-5 Changes, Seattle Children's - New York State Office of Mental Health, p1-77.
- Walsh, Ken PhD, Schema Therapy:
An Overview, Guilford Press: New York, 2004.
Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd