|Questions? 800.667.7745; Voice Mail: 925-391-0363|
Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Abramson, M. Reflections on Knowing Oneself Ethically: Toward a Working Framework for Social Work Practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Badawi, Amalia. Boundaries in Therapeutic Practice. Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society, Winter 2016, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p90-93.
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998
- Barnett, Jeffrey E. Sexual Feelings and Behaviors in the Psychotherapy Relationship: An Ethics Perspective. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Feb2014, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p170-181.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Brackmann, Nathalie; Otgaar, Henry; Sauerland, Melanie; Howe, Mark L. The Impact of Testing on the Formation of Children's and Adults' False Memories. Applied Cognitive Psychology, September/October 2016, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p785-794.
- Brems, C. (2000). Dealing with Challenges in Psychotherapy
and Counseling. New York: Brooks and Cloe.
- Brewin, Chris R.; Andrews, Bernice. False memories of childhood abuse. Psychologist, July 2017, p48-52.
- Buhari, 'Bunmi. Therapeutic Relationships and Professional Boundaries. IFE PsychologIA. 2013 Special Edition, Vol. 21 Issue 3-S, p162-168.
- Calmes, Stephanie A.; Piazza, Nick J.; Laux, John M. The Use of Touch in Counseling: An Ethical Decision-Making Model. Counseling & Values. Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p59-68.
- Clapton, Kerrin. Developing Professional Boundaries Guidance for Social Workers. Journal of Adult Protection. 2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p37-44.
- Courtois PhD, Christine A. Guidelines for the Treatment of Adults Abused or Possibly Abused As Children. American Journal of Psychotherapy; Fall 1997, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p497
- Davis, Joseph E. Victims of Memory: Incest Accusations and Shattered Lives. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. Dec 1995, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p524.
- Duffy, Catrina; Mickey Keenan; and Karola Dillenburger. Diagnosing Child Sex Abuse: A Research Challenge. International Jornal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, Volume 2, 2016, p 150-173
- Enns PhD, Carolyn Zerbec. Counselors and the Backlash: 'Rape Hype' and 'False-Memory Syndrome'. Journal of Counseling & Development; Mar/Apr 1996, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p358
- Fish, Vincent; Piercy, Fred P. The Myth of Repressed Memory: False Memories and Allegations of Sexual Abuse. Journal of Marital & Family Therapy. Jan 1996, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p133-137.
- Geraerts, Elke; McNally, Richard J.; Jelicic, Marko; Merckelbach, Harald; Raymaekers, Linsey. Linking Thought Suppression and Recovered Memories of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Memory. Jan 2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22-28.
- Goldstein, Eleanor. False Memory Syndrome: Why Would They Believe Such Terrible Thing if They Weren’t True? American Journal of Family Therapy. Winter 1997, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p307-317.
- Haiyasoso, Maria; Moyer, Michael. Counseling Sexual Abuse Survivors and Caregivers. Journal of Professional Counseling: Practice, Theory & Research. Summer/Fall 2014, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p39-52.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Karakurt, Gunnur and Kristin E. Silver. Therapy for Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors using Attachment and Family Systems Theory Orientations. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Am J Fam Ther. January 2014, p. 1-10.
- Krauss, Andreas. False Memories. Scientific American Mind. Dec 2005, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p14-15. 2p.
- Kritsberg, Wayne. Healing Together: A Guide to Intimacy and Recovery for Co-Dependent Couples. Deerfield Beach, FL : Health Communications, 1990, 132 p.
- Kumar, Kavita; Gupta, Priya. Impact of Age and Decision Making on False Memory. Journal of Psychosocial Research, 2017, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p381-389.
- Leary, Kimberlyn. Repressed Memories and Clinical Practice. Women & Therapy. 1996, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p61. 17p.
- Lefkowitz, Eva S.; Cindy L. Shearer; Meghan M. Gillen; and Graciela Espinosa-Hernandez. How Gendered Attitudes Relate to Women’s and Men’s Sexual Behaviors and Beliefs. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Sex Cult., March 2014, p. 1-16.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical Decisions for Social Work Practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000
- Loftus, Elizabeth F. The Reality of Repressed Memories. American Psychologist. May 1993, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p518.
- Loftus, Elizabeth & Katherine Ketcham. The Myth of Repressed Memory, University of Chicago Press: Chicago, 2005.
- Lynn, PhD, Steven Jay; James Evans, MS; and Jean-Roch Laurence, PhD; Scott O Lilienfeld, PhD. What Do People Believe About Memory? Implications for the Science and Pseudoscience of Clinical Practice. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Can J Psychiatry, 2015, p. 1-7.
- Mendez, M., & Fras, I. (2011). The false memory syndrome: Experimental studies and comparison to confabulations. Medical Hypotheses, 76(4), 492-496. doi:10.1016/j.mehy.2010.11.033
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working Behind the Scenes: An Ethical View of Mental Health Nursing and First-Episode Psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- Ofshe, Richard & Ethan Watters. Making Monsters: False Memories, Psychotherapy, and Sexual Hysteria. Charles Scribner's Sons: New York, 1994.
- Ogle, Christin M.; Stephanie D. Block; LaTonya S. Harris; Gail S. Goodman; Annarheen Pineda; Susan Timmer; Anthony Urquiza; and Karen J. Saywitz. Autobiographical Memory Specificity in Child Sexual Abuse Victims. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Dev Psychopathol, May 2013, p. 1-23.
- Otgaar, Henry; Howe, Mark L.; Muris, Peter. Maltreatment increases spontaneous false memories but decreases suggestion-induced false memories in children. British Journal of Developmental Psychology, September 2017, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p376-391.
- Plaut, S. Michael; Brown, Janet Klein; Brancu, Mira; Wilbur, Rebecca C.; Rios, Katherine. Characteristics of Health Professionals in a Mandated Ethics Tutorial After Violating Sexual Boundaries with Patients. Journal of Health Care Law & Policy. 2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p353-374.
- Prozan, Charlotte. Construction and Reconstruction of Memory: Dilemmas of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Jason Aronson Inc.: London, 1997
- Reamer, F. G. The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-Management Strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G. Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G. Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G. The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G. Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rothstein, Mark A. Tarasoff Duties after Newtown. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Sales, Bruce D.; Shuman, Daniel W.; O'connor, Maureen. In a Dim Light: Admissibility of Child Sexual Abuse Memories. Applied Cognitive Psychology. Aug 1994, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p399-406.
- Sköld, Johanna. The truth about abuse? A comparative approach to inquiry narratives on historical institutional child abuse. History of Education, July 2016, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p492-509.
- Stephen, Lindsay, D.; Read, J. Don. From the archive: Psychotherapy and Memories of Childhood Sexual Abuse: A Cognitive Perspective. Applied Cognitive Psychology. Jan 2011 Supplement, Vol. 25, pS32-S90.
- Tarrant, Shira. Men and Feminism. Seal Press, May 12, 2009, 197 p.
- Tartakovsky, M. Therapists Spill: How I Set & Sustain Boundaries. (2013) Psych Central. Retrieved from http://psychcentral.com/lib/therapists-spill-how-i-set-sustain-boundaries/00017954
- Thome, Janine; Koppe, Georgia; Hauschild, Sophie; Liebke, Lisa; Schmahl, Christian; Lis, Stefanie; Bohus, Martin. Modification of Fear Memory by Pharmacological and Behavioural Interventions during Reconsolidation. PLoS ONE. 8/18/2016, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1-20. 20p.
- Wilson, Brennan; Smith, Hilary. Histories in Abusive Childhood Fractures: A Case Series. Child Abuse Review, January/February 2015, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16-27.
Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd