|Questions? 800.667.7745; Voice Mail: 925-391-0363|
Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Beattie, Melody; Codependent No More; Hazelden: Minnesota; 1992
- Beattie, Melody; Beyond Codependency: And Getting Better All the Time; Hazelden: Minnesota; 1989
- Becker, Sara J. Adolescent substance abuse: National trends, consequences, and promising treatments. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1-7. 3p.
- Braddock, Carolyn J.; Body Voices; PageMill Press: California; 1997
- Catalano, Richard, Gainey, Randy, Fleming, Charles, Haggerty, Kevin, & Norman Johnson, An Experimental Intervention with Families of Substance Abusers: one-year follow-up of the focus on families project, Addiction, Feb 1999, Vol. 94, Issue 2.
- Charlesworth PhD, Edward A & Ronald G Nathan PhD; Stress Management: A Comprehensive Guide to Wellness; Ballantine Books: New York; 2004
- Dore, Martha, Nelson-Zlupko, Lani, & Eda Kaufmann, ‘Friends in Need’: Designing and Implementing a Psychoeducational Group for School Children from Drug-Involved Families, Social Work, Mar 1999, Vol. 44, Issue 2.
- Fals-Stewart, William; Lam, Wendy (K.K.); Kelley, Michelle L; Learning sobriety together: behavioural couples therapy for alcoholism and drug abuse; Journal of Family Therapy, May 2009, Vol 31 Issue 2, p115
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Gruber, Kenneth, Fleetwood, Thomas, & Michael Herring, In-Home Continuing Care Services for Substance-Affected Families: The Bridges Program, Social Work, Jul 2001, Vol. 46, Issue 3.
- Havas, Evan, & Deanne Bonnar; Therapy with Adolescents and Families: The Limits of Parenting; American Journal of Family Therapy; Apr-Jun 1999; Vol. 27; Issue 2.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Karroll, Brad, & John Poertner, Judges’, Caseworkers’’, and Substance Abuse Counselors’ Indicators of Family Reunification with Substance-Affected Parents, Child Welfare, Mar/Apr 2002, Vol. 81, Issue 2.
- Liddle, Howard; Theory Development in a Family-based Therapy for Adolescent Drug Abuse; Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, Dec 1999, Vol. 80, Issue 4.
- Moore, Jane, & Norma Finkelstein, Parenting Services for Families Affected by Substance Abuse, Child Welfare, Mar/Apr 2001, Vol. 80, Issue 2.
- Morgan, Oliver, Addiction, Family Treatment, and Healing Resources: An Interview with David Berenson, Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling, Apr 1998, Vol. 18, Issue 2.
- Mueser, Kim T.; Glynn, Shirley M.; Cather, Corinne; Zarate, Roberto; Fox, Lindy; Feldman, James; Wolfe, Rosemarie; Clark, Robin E.; Family intervention for co-occurring substance use and severe psychiatric disorders: Participant characteristics and correlates of initial engagement and more extended exposure in a randomized controlled trial; Addictive Behaviors, October 2009, Vol 34 Issue 10, p867
- Nakken, Craig; Reclaim Your Family From Addiction: How Couples and Families Recover Love and Meaning; Hazelden: Minnesota; 2000
-Nutt, David. Addiction: lifestyle choice or medical diagnosis? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p493-496.
- Outcomes & Accountability Alert; Family Intervention Program Getting Addicts into Treatment; Outcomes & Accountability Alert, Jan 2000, Vol. 5, Issue 1.
- Polcin, Douglas L.; Who receives confrontation in recovery houses and when is it experienced as supportive?; Addiction Research & Theory, October 2009, Vol 17 Issue 5, p504
- Reingle Gonzalez, Jennifer M.; Connell, Nadine M.; Businelle, Michael S.; Jennings, Wesley G.; Chartier, Karen G. Characteristics of adults involved in alcohol-related intimate partner violence: results from a nationally representative sample. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p193-206.
- Richardson, Cheryl; Stand Up for Your Life; The Free Press: New York; 2002
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Scott-Lennox, Jane, Rose, Rachel, Bohlig, Andrea, & Richard Lennox; The Impact of Women’s Family Status on Completion of Substance Abuse Treatment; Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research; Nov 2000, Vol. 27, Issue 4.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Springer, David, & Sarah Orsbon, Families Helping Families: Implementing a Multifamily Therapy Group with Substance-Abusing Adolescents, Health & Social Work, Aug 2002, Vol. 27, Issue 3.
- Trimpey, Jack; Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction; Pocket Books/Simon & Schuster: New York; 1996
- Werner, Mark, Joffe, Alain, & Antonnette Graham, Screening, Early Identification, and Office-based Intervention with Children and Youth Living in Substance-abusing Families; Pediatrics; May 1999; Vol. 103; Issue 5.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd