|Questions? 800.667.7745; Voice Mail: 925-391-0363|
Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- Abu-Ras, Wahiba; Abu-Bader, Soleman H. Risk Factors for Depression and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): The Case of Arab and Muslim Americans Post-9/11. Journal of Immigrant & Refugee Studies. Dec. 2009. Vol. 7. Issue 4. p 393- 419
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Bergner, Raymond M. PhD, Pathological
Self-Criticism Assessment and Treatment. Plenum Press, New York, 1999.
- Bishop, Melanie; Rosenstein, David; Bakelaar, Susanne; Seedat, Soraya. An analysis of early developmental trauma in social anxiety disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder. Annals of General Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-24.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). Caring for Your Child’s Concussion, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. S.W. Washington, D.C., p. 1-4.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). CDC Pediatric TBI Guideline Checklist, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. S.W.Washington, D.C., p. 1
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). How Can I Help My Child Recover After a Concussion?, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. S.W. Washington, D.C., p. 1-4.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). Report to Congress: The Management of Traumatic Brain Injury in Children, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control; Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention. Atlanta, GA, p. 1-90.
- Congressional Budget Office, The Veterans Health Administration’s Treatment of PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury Among Recent Combat Veterans, Congres of the United States Congressional Budget Office, February 2012, p1-52.
Bob PhD. Life After Loss. Fisher Books, Tucson, 1998.
- Drožđek, Boris; Kamperman, Astrid M.; Tol, Wietse A.; Knipscheer, Jeroen W.; Kleber, Rolf J. Seven-Year Follow-Up Study of Symptoms in Asylum Seekers and Refugees With PTSD Treated With Trauma-Focused Groups Journal of Clinical Psychology. Apr2014, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p376-387.
- Freedman, Lawrence Zelic
PhD. Perspectives on Terrorism. Scholarly Resources, Inc., Wilmington, 1997.
Ph.D., Doris. Transforming Pain Into Power. Shimoda Publishing, Bellingham, 1999.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Kaitz, Marsha; Levy, Mindy; Ebstein, Richard; Faraone, Stephen V.; Mankuta, David. The intergenerational effects of trauma from terror: A real possibility. Infant Mental Health Journal. April 2009. Vol. 30. Issue 2. p 158- 170.
- Kaminer, D., Seedat, S., & Stein, D. J. (2005). Post-traumatic stress disorder in children. World psychiatry : official journal of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), 4(2), 121–125.
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Kip, Kevin E.; Rosenzweig, Laney; Hernandez, Diego F.; Shuman, Amy; Sullivan, Kelly L.; Long, Christopher J.; Taylor, James; McGhee, Stephen; Girling, Sue Ann; Wittenberg, Trudy; Sahebzamani, Frances M.; Lengacher, Cécile A.; Kadel, Rajendra; Diamond, David M. Randomized Controlled Trial of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for Symptoms of Combat-Related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Military Medicine. Dec2013, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p1298-1309.
Neil J. PhD, Mass Hate The Global Rise of Genocide and Terror. Plenum Press, New
- Litt, Lisa. Clinical Decision Making in the Treatment of Complex PTSD and Substance Misuse. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p534-542.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Matsakis, Ph.D., Aphrodite. Trust After Trauma. New Harbinger Publications,
- Mitchell, J.T.(1998) MA. When disaster strikes....the critical
incident stress debriefing process. Journal of Emergency Medical Services, 8.
- Mitchell, J.T. PhD, and Everly, G.S.(1997). Scientific evidence
for CISM. Journal of Emergency Medical Services, 22, 87-93
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- National Center for PTSD. (February 2019). Novel interventions address comorbid symptoms of PTSD and TBI in Veterans, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. NW Washington DC, p. 1-4.
- Neria, Y., DiGrande, L., & Adams, B. G. (2011). Posttraumatic stress disorder following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks: a review of the literature among highly exposed populations. The American psychologist, 66(6), 429–446. doi:10.1037/a0024791.
- Nickerson, Angela; Liddell, Belinda J.; Maccallum, Fiona; Steel, Zachary; Silove, Derrick; Bryant, Richard A. Posttraumatic stress disorder and prolonged grief in refugees exposed to trauma and loss. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19.
- O'Hare, Thomas; Sherrer, Margaret V. Lifetime Traumatic Events and High-Risk Behaviors as Predictors of PTSD Symptoms in People with Severe Mental Illnesses. Social Work Research. Dec. 12. Vol. 33. Issue 4. p 209-219
- Pennebaker, Ph.D.,
James W. Opening Up The Healing Power of Confiding in Others. W. Morrow and Company,
Inc., New York, 1999.
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Rubin, Barry PhD. Terrorism and Politics. St. Martins
Press, New York, 1997.
- Simon, Jeffrey D PhD,. The Terrorist Trap. Indiana University
- Somer, Prof., Dr. Tarik. International Terrorism and the Drug
Connection. Ankara University Press, Ankara, 2002.
- Stamm, Ph.D., B. Hudnall.
Secondary Traumatic Stress. Sidran Press, Lutherville, 1999.
- White, Jonathan
R. PhD, Terrorism: an Introduction. Brooks/Cole Publishing Company, Pacific Grove,
- Whittaker, David J. PhD, The Terrorism Reader. Routledge, New York, 2001.
Michel PhD. The Making of Terrorism. The University of Chicago Press, Chicago,
- Wilkinson, Paul PhD. Terrorism and Political Violence Volume 11. Frank
Cass & Co. Ltd., 1999.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton,