Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Bartlett, John G., M.D. and Finkbeiner, Ann K.; "The Guide to Living with HIV Infection, Fifth Edition." The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore, MD. 2001.
- Britton, Paula; Staying on the Roller Coaster with Clients: Implications of the New HIV/AIDS Medical Treatments for Counseling; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Jan 2000; Vol. 22 Issue 1
- Cartwright, Duncan, and Michael Cassidy; Working with HIV/AIDS Sufferers: "When Good Enough Is Not Enough"; American Journal of Psychotherapy; Spring 2002; Vol. 56 Issue 2
- Gadkowski, L. Beth; Hamilton, Carol D.; Allen, Myra; Fortenberry, Ellen R.; Luffman, Julie; Zeringue, Elizabeth; Stout, Jason E; HIV-Specific Health Care Utilization and Mortality among Tuberculosis/HIV Coinfected Persons; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, November 2009, Vol 23 Issue 10, p845
- Grodek, Brett; "HIV: The First Year, An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed." Malowe and Company. New York, NY. 2003.
- Hosek, Sybil, Gary Harper, and Rocco Domanico; Psychological and Social Difficulties of Adolescents Living With HIV: A Qualitative Analysis; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25 Issue 4
- Hunt, Brandon, Jodi Jaques, Spencer Niles, and Edward Wierzalis; Career Concerns for People Living with HIV/AIDS; Journal of Counseling & Development; Winter 2003; Vol. 81 Issue 1
- Hutchinson, P. and Dhairyawan, R. (2017). Shame and HIV: Strategies for Addressing the Negative Impact Shame has on Public Healh and Diagnosis and Treatment of HIV. Wiley Bioethics, 32. p. 68-76. doi: 10.1111/bioe.12378
- Kaiser, Jon D., M.D.; "Immune Power: A Comprehensive Treatment Program for HIV." St. Martin’s Press. New York, NY. 1993.
- Lombard, Frank; Proescholdbell, Rae Jean; Cooper, Katherine; Musselwhite, Laura; Quinlivan, Evelyn Byrd; Adaptations across Clinical Sites of an Integrated Treatment Model for Persons with HIV and Substance Abuse; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, August 2009, Vol 23 Issue 8, p631
- Mandana, S., Kermanshahi, S. M. K., Mohammadi, E., and Mohraz, M. (2015). Perception of Patients with HIV/AIDS from Stigma and Discrimination. Iran Red Crescent Med J., 17(6). p. 1-7. doi: 10.5812/ircmj.23638v2
- Office for Civil Rights. (2016). Protecting the Civil Rights and Health Information Privacy of People Living with HIV/AIDS. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Pulerwitz, J., Michaelis, A., Weiss, E., Brown, L., and Mahendra, V. (2010). Reducing HIV-Related Stigma: Lessons Learned from Horizons Research and Programs. Public Health Reports, 125. p. 272-281.
- Serovich, JM, PS Brucker, and JA Kimberly; Barriers to social support for persons living with HIV/AIDS; AIDS Care; Oct 2000; Vol. 12 Issue 5
- Sohler, Nancy L.; Xuan Li; Cunningham, Chinazo O.; Gender Disparities in HIV Health Care Utilization among the Severely Disadvantaged: Can We Determine the Reasons?; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, September 2009, Vol 23 Issue 9, p775
- Springer, Carrie and Suzanne Lease; The Impact of Multiple AIDS-Related Bereavement in the Gay Male Population; Journal of Counseling & Development; Summer 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 3
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd