Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.4137/SART.S10556.
- Becker, Sara J. Adolescent substance abuse: National trends, consequences, and promising treatments. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1-7. 3p.
- Bruss, Katherine, Psy D.; "Kicking Butts: Quit Smoking and Take Charge of Your Health." American Cancer Society/ Health Content Products, Atlanta, GA. 2003.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smoking and Pregnancy. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 2014.
- Connecticut Department of Public Health. Fact Sheet: Pregnancy and Smoking. 2008.
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Girard, Benoit; Turcotte, Vincent; Bouchard, Stéphane; Girard, Bruno; Crushing Virtual Cigarettes Reduces Tobacco Addiction and Treatment Discontinuation; October 2009, Vol 12 Issue 5, p477
- Hall, Sharon M et al; Treatment for Cigarette Smoking Among Depressed Mental Health Outpatients: A Randomized Clinical Trial; American Journal of Public Health; Oct2006; Vol. 96 Issue 10
- Klesges, Robert C., Ph.D. & DeBon, Margaret, M.S.; "How Women Can Finally Stop Smoking." Hunter House, Inc. Publishers, Alameda, CA. 1994.
- Krohn, Franklin B.; Goetz, Kristin M.; The Goetz Plan: A Practical Smoking Cessation Program For College Students; College Student Journal; Jun2005; Vol. 39 Issue 2
- Kunze, Michael; Maximizing help for dissonant smokers; Addiction; Jan2000 Supplement 1, Vol. 95
- Lewis, Paul C.; Tobacco: What Is It and Why Do People Continue to Use It?; Dermatology Nursing, March 2009, Vol 21 Issue 2, p88
- Lundqvist, Gunnar; Weinehall, Lars, and íhman, Ann; Attitudes And Barriers Towards Smoking Cessation Among Middle Aged And Elderly Women: A Qualitative Study In Family Practice; Internet Journal of Health; 2007; Vol. 5 Issue 2
- Mallin, Robert; Smoking Cessation: Integration of Behavioral and Drug Therapies; American Family Physician; March 2002; Vol. 65 Issue 6
- Miller, William R., Ph.D. & Munoz, Ricardo F., Ph.D.; "Controlling Your Drinking: Tools to Make Moderation Work for You." The Guilford Press, New York, NY. 2005.
- Nutt, David. Addiction: lifestyle choice or medical diagnosis? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p493-496. 4p. DOI: 10.1111/jep.12045
- Okoli, Chizimuzo T.C.; Richardson, Chris G.; Ratner, Pamela A.; Johnson, Joy L.; Non-smoking youths’ "perceived" addiction to tobacco is associated with their susceptibility to future smoking; Addictive Behaviors, December 2009, Vol 34 Issue 12, p1010
- Reingle Gonzalez, Jennifer M.; Connell, Nadine M.; Businelle, Michael S.; Jennings, Wesley G.; Chartier, Karen G. Characteristics of adults involved in alcohol-related intimate partner violence: results from a nationally representative sample. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p193-206. 14p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-466.
- Singleton, Mary G and Mark Pope; A Comparison of Successful Smoking Cessation Interventions for Adults and Adolescents; Journal of Counseling & Development; Fall 2000; Vol. 78 Issue 4
- Szapocznik, José, Ph.D.;Olga Hervis, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.;Seth Schwartz, Ph.D., Therapy Manuals for Drug Addiction, National Institutes of Health, August 2003, p1-68.
- Ward, Tony ; Using psychological insights to help people quit smoking; Journal of Advanced Nursing; Jun2001; Vol. 34 Issue 6
- Whittinghill, David; Whittinghill, Laura Rudenga; Loesch, Larry C.; The Benefits of a Self-Efficacy Approach to Substance Abuse Counseling in the Era of Managed Care; Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling; Apr2000; Vol. 20 Issue 2
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd