|Questions? 800.667.7745; Voice Mail: 925-391-0363|
Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Bishop, John H., Bishop, Matthew, Bishop, Michael, Gelbwasser, Lara, Green, Shanna, Peterson, Erica, Rubinsztaj, Anna, Zuckerman, Andrew; Why We Harass Nerds and Freaks: A Formal Theory of Student Culture and Norms. Journal of School Health, Sep2004, Vol. 74, Issue 7
- Board of Education Commonwealth of Virginia. Model Policy to Address Bullying in Virginia's Public Schools, Virginia Board of Education, October 2013, p 1-48.
- Burkhart, Kimberly; Knox, Michele; Brockmyer, Jeanne. Pilot Evaluation of the ACT Raising Safe Kids Program on Children's Bullying Behavior. Journal of Child & Family Studies. Oct2013, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p942-951. 10p.
- Cohen-Posey, Kate MS LMHC LMFT; How to Handle Bullies, Teasers, and Other Meanies; Rainbow Books, Inc: Highland City, Florida; 1995
- Cole, Joanna C. M.; Cornell, Dewey G.; Sheras, Peter; Identification of School Bullies by Survey Methods; Professional School Counseling, Apr2006, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p305-313
- Cooper, Leigh; Nickerson, Amanda. Parent Retrospective Recollections of Bullying and Current Views, Concerns, and Strategies to Cope with Children's Bullying. Journal of Child & Family Studies. May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p526-540.
- Demaray, Michelle Kilpatrick; Malecki, Christine Kerres; Perceptions of the Frequency and Importance of Social Support by Students Classified as Victims, Bullies, and Bully/Victims in an Urban Middle School;School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p471-489
- De Shannon Lawrence, Tory. Bullying in Secondary Schools: Action Planning Using a Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Framework. American Secondary Education. Spring 2017, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p85-92. 8p.
- Dickerson, Constance. Bystander Intervention: Putting a Stop to Bullying. School Library Journal. Jan 2017, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p50-51. 2p.
- Donoghue, Christopher; Raia-Hawrylak, Alicia. Moving beyond the Emphasis on Bullying: A Generalized Approach to Peer Aggression in High School. Children & Schools. Jan 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p30-39. 10p.
- Egan, Luke A.; Todorov, Natasha; Forgiveness as a coping strategy to allow school students to deal with the effects of being bullied: Theoretical and Empirical Discussion; Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology, January 2009, Vol 28 Issue 2, p198
- Espelage, Dorothy L.; Swearer, Susan M.; Research on School Bullying and Victimization: What Have We Learned and Where Do We Go from Here?; School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p365-383
- Farmer, Thomas W.; Misconceptions of Peer Rejection and Problem Behavior; Remedial & Special Education; Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 21, Issue 4
- Gladden, R.M., Vivolo-Kantor, A.M., Hamburger, M.E., & Lumpkin, C.D. Bullying Surveillance Among Youths: Uniform Definitions for Public Health and Recommended Data Elements, Version 1.0. Atlanta, GA; National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and U.S. Department of Education; 2014, pages 1-104.
- Giannetti, Charlene and Margaret Sararese; Cliques: 8 Steps to Help your Child Survive the Social Jungle; Broadway Books: New York; 2001
- Hall, Kimberly R.; Using Problem-Based Learning with Victims of Bullying Behavior; Professional School Counseling, Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p231-237
- Hamburger ME, Basile KC, Vivolo AM. Measuring Bullying Victimization, Perpetration, and Bystander Experiences: A Compendium of Assessment Tools. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2011, p. 55-56, 101-105.
- Hickner, John. It's time to screen for bullying. Journal of Family Practice. Feb 2017, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p66-66. 1p.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- Maji, Somdeb; Bhattacharya, Saswati; Ghosh, Debasruti. Cognitive Coping and Psychological Problems among Bullied and Non-bullied Adolescents. Journal of Psychosocial Research. 2016, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p387-396. 10p.
- McLaughlin, Laura; Laux, John M.; Pescara-Kovach, Lisa; Using Multimedia to Reduce Bullying and Victimization in Third-Grade Urban Schools; Professional School Counseling, Dec2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p153-160
- Menesini, Ersilia; Melan, Elena; Pignatti, Barbara; Interactional Styles of Bullies and Victims Observed in a Competitive and a Cooperative Setting; Journal of Genetic Psychology, Sep2000, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p261
- Migliaccio, Todd; Raskauskas, Juliana. Small-Scale Bullying Prevention Discussion Video for Classrooms: A Preliminary Evaluation. Children & Schools. apr2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p71-81. 11p
- Mishna, Faye; Learning Disabilities and Bullying: Double Jeopardy; Journal of Learning Disabilities, Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p336
-Morrison, Charles T.; "What Would You Do, What If It’s You?" Strategies to Deal With a Bully; Journal of School Health, April 2009, Vol 79 Issue 4, p201
- National Center for Injury Prevention and ControlDivision of Violence Prevention. The Relationship Between Bullying and Suicide: What We Know and What it Means for Schools. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for Injury Prevention and Control Division of Violence Prevention, 04/2014, pages 1-9.
- Palladino, Benedetta E.; Nocentini, Annalaura; Menesini, Ersilia. Evidence-based intervention against bullying and cyberbullying: Evaluation of the NoTrap! program in two independent trials. Aggressive Behavior. Mar/Apr 2016, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p194-206. 13p.
- Roberts, Jr., Walter B.; The Bully as Victim: Understanding Bully Behaviors To Increase the Effectiveness of... ; Professional School Counseling, Dec2000, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p148
- Rodkin, Philip C.; Hodges, Ernest V. E.; Bullies and Victims in the Peer Ecology: Four Questions for Psychological and School Professionals; School Psychology Review, 2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p384-400
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Sapouna, Maria; Wolke, Dieter; Vannini, Natalie; Watson, Scott; Woods, Sarah; Schneider, Wolfgang; Enz, Sibylle; Hall, Lynne; Paiva, Ana; Andre, Elizabeth; Dautenhahn, Kerstin; Aylett, Ruth; Virtual learning intervention to reduce bullying victimization in primary school: a controlled trial; Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry, January 2010, Vol 51 Issue 1, p104
- Shetgiri, Rashmi; Lin, Hua; Avila, Rosa M.; Flores, Glenn. Parental Characteristics Associated With Bullying Perpetration in US Children Aged 10 to 17 Years. American Journal of Public Health. Dec2012, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p2280-2286.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Stopbullying.gov, Bullying Prevention and Reponse Base Training Module, Stopbullying.gov, p 1-109.
- The Office of Representative Sean Patrick Maloney. 2014 Bullying Prevention Report Best Practices, Findings, and Prevention Resources to Combat Bullying, http://seanmaloney.house.gov , 2014, pages 1-7.
- Teasley, Martell L.; Nevarez, Lucinda. Awareness, Prevention, and Intervention for Elementary School Bullying: The Need for Social Responsibility. Children & Schools. Apr 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p67-69. 3p.
- Timmons-Mitchell, Jane; Levesque, Deborah A.; Harris III, Leon A.; Flannery, Daniel J.; Falcone, Tatiana. Pilot Test of StandUp, an Online School-Based Bullying Prevention Program. Children & Schools. Apr 2016, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p71-79. 9p.
- Verlinden, Marina; Tiemeier, Henning; Veenstra, René; Mieloo, Cathelijne L.; Jansen, Wilma; Jaddoe, Vincent W. V.; Raat, Hein; Hofman, Albert; Verhulst, Frank C.; Jansen, Pauline W. Television viewing through ages 2-5 years and bullying involvement in early elementary school. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-27.
- Winkler, Kathleen; Bullying: How to Deal with Taunting, Teasing, and Tormenting; Enslow Publishers, Inc.: Berkeley Heights, New Jersey; 2005
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd