Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
American Psychological Association, "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision", American Psychiatric Association: Virginia, 2000
- Cullen, Murray, & Robert E. Freeman-Longo, PhD, Men & Anger: A Relapse Prevention Guide to Understanding and Managing Your Anger, Safer Society Press: Brandon, 1997.
- Hatton, Corrine, Valente, Sharon, Rink, Alice, & Edwin Shneidman, PhD, Suicide: Assessment and Intervention, Appleton-Century-Crofts: New York, 1997.
- Hipple, John, & Peter Cimbolic, PhD, The Counselor and Suicidal Crisis: Diagnosis and Intervention, Thomas Books, Inc.: Springfield, 1999.
- Hirschfeld, Robert, & Susan Meltsner. PhD, When the Blues Won't Go Away: New Approaches to Dysthymic Disorder and Other Forms of Chronic Low-Grade Depression., Philip Lief Group, Inc.: New York. 1998.
- Landes, Sara J. The Case: Treating Jared Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p488-489. 2p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21984.
- Leenaars, Antoon, Maltsberger, John T., & Robert A. Neimeyer, PhD, Treatment of Suicidal People, Taylor & Francis: London, 1998.
- Markianos, Manolis; Tripodianakis, John; Istikoglou, Christos; Rouvali, Olga; Christopoulos, Markos; Papageorgopoulos, Pavlos; Seretis, Andreas; Suicide attempt by jumping: A study of gonadal axis hormones in male suicide attempters versus men who fell by accident; Psychiatry Research, November 2009, Vol 170 Issue 1, p82
- Parke, Ross D., & Armin A. Brott, PhD, Throwaway Dads: The Myths and Barriers That Keep Men from Being the Fathers They Want to Be, Houghton Mifflin Company: New York, 1999.
- Philip J. Cowen and Michael Browning. What has serotonin to do with depression?. National Center for Biotechnology Information. World Psychiatry 14:2 - June 2015, p158-160.
- Rockett, Ian R. H.; Yinjuan Lian; Stack, Steven; Ducatman, Alan M.; Shuhui Wang; Discrepant comorbidity between minority and white suicides: a national multiple cause-of-death analysis; BMC Psychiatry, 2009, Vol 9
- Rojas, Yerko; Stenberg, Sten-Åke; Early life circumstances and male suicide – A 30-year follow-up of a Stockholm cohort born in 1953, Social Science & Medicine, February 2010, Vol 70 Issue 3, p420
- Shapero, Benjamin G.; Black, Shimrit K.; Liu, Richard T.; Klugman, Joshua; Bender, Rachel E.; Abramson, Lyn Y.; Alloy, Lauren B. Stressful Life Events and Depression Symptoms: The Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Stress Reactivity. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p209-223. 15p. 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.22011
- Sheehy, Gail, PhD, Understanding Men's Passages: Discovering the New Map of Men's Lives, Random House: New York, 1998.
- Shneidman, Edwin, PhD, The Suicidal Mind, Oxford University Press: New York, 1997.
- "Symptoms and Diagnosis of Mood Disorders", Depression & Anxiety (Medletter), Jan2005, p4-12, 9p.
- Thompson, M. (2008). Gender, Mental Illness, and Crime. U.S Department of Justice.
- Witkin, Georgia, MA, The Male Stress Survival Guide, NewMarket Press: New York, 2002.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd